[vtk-developers] [VTK 0012377]: Rendering artifacts when using vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper with clipping plane and vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Jul 19 05:11:41 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=12377
Reported By:                Tijmen Klein
Assigned To:
Project:                    VTK
Issue ID:                   12377
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-07-19 05:11 EDT
I'm using a vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper to render a structured grid. This render
is clipped with a plane, using the AddClippingPlane member (of the
vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper). When I use a vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor for
the interactions, weird rendering artifacts occur (see attachment). The first
(left) image is the initial render, and looks fine. The second and third image
(middle and right) show the rendering artifacts that occur when a small rotation
is made (using the mouse).

These rendering artifacts do NOT occur when I use a
vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera or when I remove the clipping plane.

I first discussed this issue on the mailing list:
http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2011-July/117788.html

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change