[vtk-developers] exodusII reader slowness

Hunt, Warren L wlhunt at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 12 19:45:06 EDT 2011

Greetings from New Mexico!

I just spent the better part of a day trying to discover why the exodusII reader was so slow. I was eventually pointed to the cache capacity. I found that my Update() times reduced from 235 seconds to 8 seconds when I changed SetCacheCapacity from 0.0 to 128 and recompiled.

I've heard that there was some discussion on the cache capacity issue in April, so I'm broadcasting a gentle reminder that this issue still needs a resolution.

Thanks!
Warren

Warren Hunt
505.284.8881