[vtk-developers] A vtkDataSampler and image interpolation

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 03:31:27 EDT 2011

Hi John,

Thanks for the comments, it sounds like this project is going to be even
more useful that I originally guessed that it would be.

About the names, though, I'm a fan of succinct names so how about the
following:

vtkAbstractInterpolator (base class, interface only)
  vtkDataInterpolator (uses FindCell and optional locator, works on any data
set)
  vtk(whichever)Interpolator (various accelerated interpolators)

  vtkAbstractImageInterpolator (base class for image interpolators)
    vtkImageInterpolator (the basic image interpolator)
    vtkImageSincInterpolator (my sinc interpolator)
    vtkImageBSplineInterpolator (my b-spline interpolator)

But I wish that someone would comment on the interface that I proposed in my
first email, or look at the header files in the gerrit repository.  My main
concern before I ready this for submission is that the interface is
satisfactory to other VTK developers.

 - David