[vtk-developers] Anyone has a Qt/Class widget to modify vtk colormaps for volume rendering?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Jan 26 12:55:14 EST 2011

Hey Robert,

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about the current status will reply, too (Marcus, Julien...), but I know there has been some recent work (not in 5.6, but current development and next release) on editing color transfer functions with the 2D API elements in VTK/Charts. I'm sorry I can't guide you to the right examples, but vtkColorTransferFunction and vtkPiecewiseFunction are part of this effort, and I see there are both tests and examples linked from the Doxygen pages that may get you someplace:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkColorTransferFunction.html
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPiecewiseFunction.html

These were developed for the 3DSlicer application, which is also an open-source project. I've never looked at the code, but it's at least possible that it may be easier to grab something from there rather than ParaView...

http://www.slicer.org/

Hope this at least gets you started on pursuing another possibility,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group