[vtk-developers] Use (`new') GLEW in VTK?

tom fogal tfogal at sci.utah.edu
Mon Jan 24 16:17:09 EST 2011

"Marcus D. Hanwell" <marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> writes:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 3:47 PM, tom fogal <tfogal at sci.utah.edu> wrote:
> > David Partyka <david.partyka at kitware.com> writes:
> >> This looks like a very cool contribution! To get this moving
> >> forward I am in the process of setting up some dashboards that
> >> will build your VTK fork so we can see how the tests do on a few
> >> platforms. One of us will also contact you about code review and
> >> how to best get this integrated.
> >
> > I had been caught up in deadlines but should slowly gain some
> > time to finish up + correct this code over the next couple
> > weeks. =A0I still consider it incomplete... but I'm curious about
> > the status. =A0Has this dashboard been set up? =A0What problems has
> > it uncovered / how can I view them?
>
> It would be nice to create a clean topic branch with these changes,
> and upload it to Gerrit for code review too. This is something I
> could help with.

Thanks.

How socially-public are said branches?  (Could I still rebase with
impunity?)

> We would like to assess any API changes that this move would
> introduce, and document them. I think this is largely removal of the
> vtkgl namespace if I remember correctly?

Yes, that's the major change.

An open question is what to do about vtkMesa*.  I initially just left
them in, but a friend had issues building and so they now sit idly in
my tree, removed from CMakeLists.txt.

Were/are users allowed to use those classes directly?  If they were,
I should probably code up some stub classes so that VTK's interface
doesn't change.

-tom