[vtk-developers] Using VTK and GDCM together

iono sphere 999ionospheres at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 05:56:11 EST 2011

Hi,

I have some classes that require both VTK and GDCM together (ex.
vtkGDCMImageReader). I am just wondering when I build the sources, are there
any specific version of both libraries that may not work?

Right now, it seems that my project only works under DEBUG setting with
C:\yale\bioimagesuite3_base\vtk52\include\vtk-5.2 along with several more
gdcm include directories as additional include directories. Now, if I build
it as RELEASE, I will get a Access Violation Error. The current setting is
that I use include files of vtk 5.2 from Bio Image Suite and use additional
dependecies (.lib) and .dll files of vtk version 5.6.1. This is a
contradictory, but the program works... and it only works under DEBUG build.

However, if I try remove all vtk-5.2 business out (I go as far as removing
the "path" in "environment variables" and put all of recently built GDCM and
VTK dll files next to the executable), and use vtk 5.6 that I built, I will
get this runtime error:

The procedure entry point ?CollectRevisions at vtkLookupTable
@@MAEXAAV?$basic_ostream at DU?char_traits at D@std@@@std@@@Z could not be located
in the dynamic link library vtkCommon.dll

Am I building both VTK and GDCM incorrectly? Or am I missing something here?
Any suggestion is highly appreciated.