[vtk-developers] VTKConfig.cmake not included by FindVTK in CMake 2.8?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 15:33:22 EST 2011

Hi All,

I've been modifying some of my projects to work with the upcoming VTK
5.8 release, but have encountered a stumbling block.  In CMake 2.6,
FindVTK.cmake explicitly called INCLUDE(${VTK_DIR}/VTKConfig.cmake).
But the FindVTK in CMake 2.8.3 doesn't.

It seems that with CMake 2.8, I have to put
INCLUDE(${VTK_DIR}/VTKConfig.cmake) directly into my own CMake file.
This is on Win32.

Is this the correct approach?  Can anyone provide a summary of what
changed in FindVTK between CMake 2.6 and CMake 2.8?

   David