[vtk-developers] Surface

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:30:02 EST 2011

Paulo,

To summarize:
vtkMarchingCubes -> vtkTriangleFilter -> vtkDecimatePro ( for each piece).
vtkCleanPolydata -> vtkWindowedSincPolyDataFilter ->vtkPolydataNormals
-> vtkStripper (after joining all pieces).
and for vtkDecimatePro use these options:
BoundaryVertexDeletionOff()
SplittingOff().
and for efficiency, vtkMarchingCubes should use these:
ComputeScalarsOff()
ComputeGradientsOff()
ComputeNormalsOff()

I suggest you submit an article to the VTK Journal:
http://www.midasjournal.org/?journal=35

Others will benefit from your experience. You could describe your
inital approach and how the suggestions helped to create a success.

Bill

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 1:24 PM, totonixsame at gmail.com