[vtk-developers] vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter (repost for plain text)

dshelton at 3rivers3d.com dshelton at 3rivers3d.com
Tue Feb 22 13:33:35 EST 2011

Hi,

Sorry for the duplicate post... I forgot to turn off HTML mail.

vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter doesn't seem to support extracting
connected poly components by region size, other than restricting
extraction to the largest region. With our 3D scanner data, it's useful
to reject connected components smaller than a certain size, as these are
indicative of scan noise. Is there an existing best practice with this
filter to achieve that result? The ivar RegionSizes contains the
information required to perform this sort of extraction, but it is not
exposed to the outside world.

If there is not an existing best practice, I've written a patch against
5.6.0 that adds a new extraction mode "SizeThreshold" that I'm happy to
contribute.

Thanks,
Damion