[vtk-developers] Attempting topic merge

Glenn Faken glenn.faken at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 13:29:29 EST 2011

Part of our course is to try and get any code that we fix merged in with
the official release. If not that is ok but it would be like extra brownie
points if we could. Would using those other sites be a good first step and
then move on to official? From looking at the git turturial it looked like
when you make a topic it was kind of like a side off shoot that I could mess
around with and then when I push it to git it would then evaluated. If the
code didn't mess anything up then it would be moved onto the next stage till
it was apart of the main code. I guess the way I read it made it seem like
its my own playground until somebody approved the changes.
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit <
utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:

> Glenn,
>
> Why are you trying to merge your topic into the official VTK
> repository? You can create your own forks of VTK on public git hosting
> websites such as github and gitorious for sharing your code with
> others.
>
> Utkarsh
>
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Glenn Faken <glenn.faken at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi I'm one of the three members of the College of Charleston Open Source
> > class and I'm having some issues trying to merge my topic.  I have
submitted
> > my ssh key to the kitware password form but It doesn't seem like it has
gone
> > through yet. I was wondering if there is another way to try and get any
of
> > the changed code posted? When ever I try to push to git I get a
publickey
> > fail and fatal: remote hung up unexpectedly. I'm guessing this is do to
not
> > having that form processed or is there a chance that I have some setting
set
> > up wrong?
> > Thanks for any advice that you may have.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Glenn Faken

Glenn Faken