[vtk-developers] old MSC compiler directive

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Feb 15 19:12:08 EST 2011

>From googling "MSVC 4503" :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/074af4b6(v=vs.80).aspx

'identifier' : decorated name length exceeded, name was truncated

The decorated name was longer than the compiler limit (4096), and was
truncated. To avoid this warning and the truncation, reduce the number of
arguments or name length of identifiers used.

It may be still necessary for older MSVC's, and it may even still be
necessary for VS 2010. You'd have to try. This warning was always generated
by Debug builds of stuff using STL extensively (or sometimes even
incidentally...)

You'd have to try it without it to see.....

HTH,

David