[vtk-developers] glew topic branch

tom fogal tfogal at sci.utah.edu
Fri Feb 11 13:53:46 EST 2011

Marcus helped me get this on gerrit for review.  Thanks, Marcus!

  http://review.source.kitware.com/#q,status:open+project:VTK+branch:master+topic:glew,n,z

It's not done, but getting some early feedback would be nice.

Things on my list before I'd consider it mergeable:

  - ldd reports libGL is still linked into some libraries.  Shouldn't
  need that.

  - There was some GL enum I hacked around... GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY
  or something, because it wasn't in GLEW.  Need to see if it's
  implemented now, and implement it if needed.  The builtin GLEW needs
  an upgrade.

  - I want to get VisIt working/tested with the new version, of course.

  - Need to document the API change... where would I do that?

  - Open question: we could stop linking in MesaGL to things as well.
  I think this would be desirable, but haven't implemented it yet.
  Thoughts?

  - Haven't tried running the test suite yet.

Please let me know if there's anything else I should think about for
this branch.

Thanks!

-tom