[vtk-developers] const correctness

tom fogal tfogal at sci.utah.edu
Wed Feb 9 18:02:40 EST 2011

"Sean McBride" <sean at rogue-research.com> writes:

> >> That would be nice.  There are a few places in my app where
> >> -Wcast-qual gives warnings because of VTK missing some consts.
> >> Did you try building with that flag?
> >
> >I had not, but I enabled it + -Werror and just worked through all
> >the issues, force-pushing a new version.  There were some real
> >invalid uses in addition to things I had simply missed.
>
> Great.  Same git URL?

Yes.  Thanks to Marcus' help, I have also just pushed this to gerrit:

  http://review.source.kitware.com/#q,status:open+project:VTK+branch:master+topic:const-correctness,n,z

> >Other ideas / feedback?  Can I make another appeal for help with
> >Tcl/Java? :)
>
> I know nothing about Tcl, nor Java, nor VTK's wrapping system.

Sad face for me.  Hopefully someone else is listening...

> Have you confirmed that all tests still pass?

I have not (yet).  I want to get back to my other topic, though.  I'll
give them a whirl once I've got the glew-topic cleaned up and pushed to
gerrit... but I wouldn't be upset if you beat me to it :)

The thing to worry about is the vtkInformation modifications; most if
not all of the other changes were mechanical.

-tom