[vtk-developers] const correctness

tom fogal tfogal at sci.utah.edu
Wed Feb 9 17:38:55 EST 2011

"Sean McBride" <sean at rogue-research.com> writes:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 15:56:26 -0700, tom fogal said:
>
> >I have just pushed a new branch, `const-correctness', to my git repo:
> >
> >  git://shigeru.sci.utah.edu/vtk.git
> >
> >As you might guess, this makes VTK const correct.  Well, mostly.
>
> That would be nice.  There are a few places in my app where
> -Wcast-qual gives warnings because of VTK missing some consts.  Did
> you try building with that flag?

I had not, but I enabled it + -Werror and just worked through all the
issues, force-pushing a new version.  There were some real invalid uses
in addition to things I had simply missed.

The python wrappers, in particular, casted strings to char* all over
the place.  I made that into a separate patch.

Other ideas / feedback?  Can I make another appeal for help with
Tcl/Java? :)

-tom