[vtk-developers] Warning in vtkExtractSelectedIds

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 09:59:09 EST 2011

When I compile with -Wshadow I get warnings in
vtkExtractSelectedIds.cxx at line 504:

Graphics/vtkExtractSelectedIds.cxx:504:7: error: declaration of
‘VTK_TT’ shadows a previous local [-Werror=shadow]

This line calls the vtkESI_ExtendedTemplateMacro (defined at line
222). This has nested calls to vtkTemplateMacro (line 662 in
vtkSetGet.h). The macro expands to:

switch (idArrayType)
{ case 11:
 { typedef double VTK_TT; typedef VTK_TT VTK_TT1;
   switch (labelArrayType) {
       case 11: { typedef double VTK_TT;

in which you can see VTK_TT is typedef'ed twice.

Utkarsh - I believe you wrote these lines - any suggestions how to fix this?

David