[vtk-developers] Header for vtkVector.h

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:09:44 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:34 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Marcus,
>>
>> I noticed that the AIX build has errors related to the vector changes.
>>  TestVectorOperators.cxx fails to compile because it doesn't include
>> vtkSetGet.h before the other header files.
>>
>> Should vtkVectorBase.h include vtkSetGet.h in order to help avoid this issue?
>>
> Hi David,
>
> I was meaning to check what I did there, I didn't realize it was the
> header include order. Shouldn't that header then be included by
> vtkIOStream, rather than vtkVectorBase? For now I was going to fix the
> test to confirm that fixes it if you have no objections.

I don't think so, because vtkSetGet.h is supposed to include
vtkIOStream.h (via vtkSystemIncludes.h), rather than the other
way around.  On second thought, it might be safest to leave the
headers alone.

I've already staged the following fixes, as a continuation of the
vector-operators branch.

vtkContextKeyEvent.h:

-#include "vtkVector.h" // For vtkVector2i
 #include "vtkWeakPointer.h" // For vtkWeakPointer
+#include "vtkVector.h" // For vtkVector2i

TestVectorOperators.cxx:

+#include "vtkSetGet.h"
 #include "vtkVector.h"
 #include "vtkVectorOperators.h"