[vtk-developers] Image rendering bug?

Ben Payne ben.payne at kitware.com
Tue Aug 16 10:33:28 EDT 2011

Hi-

I was recently playing around with measuring pixel coordinates for an
image, and I found that the dimensions of the image in world space
were one "pixel" less on each axis than the dimensions of the source
image.

After turning texture filtering off so that I could count the
individual pixels, I discovered VTK is clipping all the pixels along
the borders of the image in half!  Can anyone shed some light on
what's going on here?  I wasn't expecting the vtkImageActor to clip
any part of the image with just the default settings.  If this is the
expected behavior, how do I get VTK to display the full image?

Test and screenshot are attached.

Thanks,
Ben