[vtk-developers] QVTKRenderWindowInteractor bug?

Panagiotis Mavrogiorgos pmav99 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 11:38:07 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin <
jchris.fillionr at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Panos,
>
> Would be great if you could submit a patch on gerrit for review.
> See http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git#Gerrit
>
> Thanks
> Jc

Hi Jean-Christophe,

I've managed to reproduce the bug. You can easily observe it when you use a
vtkScalarBarWidget and you try to move it on screen. I am attaching a
minimum "working" (reproducing would be more accurate) example. The
dependencies in order to run the file are Python2, VTK and PyQt4.

The ScalarBarWidget is moving on screen but the following traceback is
produced

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vtk/qt4/QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py",
line 211, in ShowCursor
    self.setCursor(cursor)
NameError: global name 'cursor' is not defined

Changing the last line of the ShowCursor method (line 220 on the git repo)
of QVTKRenderWindowInteractor class ( path :
VTK/Wrapping/Python/vtk/qt4/QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py), from

self.setCursor(cursor)

self.setCursor(qt_cursor)

results to no traceback.

This is the link to Gerrit (
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,2469). Who should I add as a
reviewer?

with regards,
Panos

ps. Perhaps this is not the appropriate list, but how can you add examples
to the wiki? I have created an account but it says that I don't have the
rights to create a new page. I can edit this page though... (
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python )