[vtk-developers] Cell Tree Locator Update

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Aug 9 16:44:58 EDT 2011

Hi Tharindu,

I cleaned up the code a bit doing things like getting rid of trailing
whitespace (gerrit will highlight this as red to warn about it), bracketed
some if/else conditions, and added a std::vector to take care of some
dynamic memory allocation.  I also got rid of the compile warnings in the
test.  These changes are at:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,2418

One thing to note is that I made it more apparent that a virtual function
was getting called in the destructor.  In general this is bad practice (see
http://www.artima.com/cppsource/nevercall.html).

I was able to run the test successfully.  In your previous email you
mentioned an example.  Did you mean test?  I couldn't find anything called
CellTreeLocator.cxx except for the test.  If you wanted to add in a
different example, please check out: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples.
This is not required but I'd encourage you to do this to help other people
better understand and utilize your code.

Andy