[vtk-developers] Cell Tree Locator Update

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Aug 2 17:08:02 EDT 2011

I'm not sure that renaming all the internal variables from their original names was a good idea.
The original code came from the visit avtXXX class and there's a strong possibility that the visit developers will make changes/improvements similar to the intersectBox type methods that I'm adding.

Renaming the internals serves no purpose other than to make it harder to sync our version with theirs.

I am aware that I have radical opinions about the dreadful kitware code style but for me this is an unnecessary barrier to future collaboration.

JB