[vtk-developers] Google Summer of Code students announced

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Apr 25 21:12:17 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am very pleased to announce that Google allocated the VTK project
two slots. We received many more applications than that, and it was
very tough narrowing them down to just two. I would like to thank all
of the students who applied, and am sorry we could not take more of
you. The accepted student projects are listed on the Google Melange
website,

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2011/vtk

The project titles are "VTK Project: Chemistry Visualization" and
"Implement Select Algorithms from IEEE VisWeek 2010 in VTK". Their
abstracts can be viewed from the above link. I hope you will join me
in welcoming these students to the VTK development community.

Thanks,

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.