[vtk-developers] change to vtkExodusIIReaderPrivate::ResetCache()

Crossno, Patricia J pjcross at sandia.gov
Fri Apr 22 16:45:08 EDT 2011

>From a pull from master some weeks ago, the previous version of this method looked like this:

void vtkExodusIIReaderPrivate::ResetCache()
{
  this->Cache->Clear();
  this->Cache->SetCacheCapacity( 0. ); // FIXME: Perhaps Cache should have a Reset and a Clear method?
  this->Cache->SetCacheCapacity( 128. ); // FIXME: Perhaps Cache should have a Reset and a Clear method?
  this->ClearConnectivityCaches();
}

I just did a pull and the method has been changed to this:

void vtkExodusIIReaderPrivate::ResetCache()
{
  this->Cache->Clear();
  this->Cache->SetCacheCapacity( 0. ); // FIXME: Perhaps Cache should have a Reset and a Clear method?
  this->ClearConnectivityCaches();
}

When reading in an exodus file now, the code disappears into the reader and never finishes (maybe it would eventually, but after a long while I kill it).  Adding back in the line to set the cache capacity to 128 resolves this issue.  I expect that the line was removed for a reason.  Did removing the line resolve a problem for someone else?  Is anyone else having difficulty with the exodus reader as a result of this change?  Or is it something specific to my exodus file/runtime environment?

Pat