[vtk-developers] vtkArray and Python

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:02:44 EDT 2011

Hi Timothy,

With the new python wrappers in VTK 5.8, all VTK constants
are wrapped automatically, so you can to do this:

from vtk import *
array = vtkArray.CreateArray(vtkArray.SPARSE, VTK_DOUBLE)

All #define'd constants in VTK are found in the "vtk" module.  The
names are always identical to the C++ names.

For older versions of VTK, "from vtk.util.vtkConstants import *" will
import VTK_DOUBLE and all the other constants.

 - David