[vtk-developers] Change-Id

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Apr 14 13:53:34 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:40 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bill, Marcus,
>
> Thanks for the quick responses, I'll start generating Change-Ids
> for my commits.
>
> Bill, can you point me to a description of these "robot builds"?
> I wasn't aware that gerrit was linked to a build dashboard.

I worked on them for ITK, they use a combination of the Gerrit event
stream, and the new CDash at Home web API, with a small broker script
that dispatches jobs. My dream, that I think I share with Bill, is to
extend this out to VTK too. When a new patch is submitted, a build is
requested on Windows, Linux and Mac for the submitted patch.

http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1406

The above shows one such commit, where the robot posts the links to
the builds into Gerrit. We are hoping to improve this integration in
the future too, and already had Shawn Pearce (principal Gerrit
developer) visit Kitware HQ earlier this year to discuss some of these
changes.

Marcus