[vtk-developers] Google Summer of Code

Adrian Mitrea mitreaaadi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:50:26 EDT 2011

Hello,

My name is Adrian Mitrea and I am a student UPM Computing School -
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. I am contacting you hoping that this will
be the start of a long period in which we will collaborate.

I want to express my interest on one of the project your organization
proposes for the program Google Summer of Code; more exactly "Web service +
API". I have 2 years work experience in C++ and a background of 8 more years
in developing school projects. Beyond this, I hope that my commitment can
make me a suitable candidate for the project I mentioned before.

I already sent a draft project proposal through the Google Summer of Code
website in which I tried to follow the template recommended in the project
application.

I reviewed one of the samples I found (in Paraview application) and I tried
to obtain a clear understanding about the existing charts. I do not have
experience in using this tool, but the pie and area chart are my first
suggestion. I believe that the type of charts I proposed will give another
perspective over the attached dataset of a model because of data
representation.

Regarding user interaction with user’s usage of the charts, I did not found
major difficulties. Something like keyboards shortcuts will come in handy
when we talk about advanced users to ease their work.

I would like to find more about this project, maybe some details which were
skipped from the description of the proposal (if are some specific charts
type asked by users). For any other doubts about my background and my
experience, I can provide you any other information.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Adrian Mitrea