[vtk-developers] RELEASE_DATA doesn't?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Apr 1 17:10:48 EDT 2011

Sorry for letting this email slip through Andy. And Jean I'm even more
sorry for letting your even older email slip through ->
http://markmail.org/thread/bxma6kp6tevmf2yy

This problem looks similar to one I was just looking at regarding the
extent translator where upfront extent translator changes are
overwritten at the first pipeline update.

It appears that if you call UpdateInformation on the pipeline before
making your change, your change will take effect from then on. For the
extent translator problem, besides working outside the pipeline as
above, you can do the same thing by making your change in the
algorithm's RequestInformation method.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer