[vtk-developers] GSoC 2011

David Lonie loniedavid at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:03:59 EDT 2011

Hi List,

I just submitted a proposal for the upcoming Google Summer of Code:

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/dlonie/1
(A much nicer looking pdf is here:
http://xtalopt.openmolecules.net/VTK-chem.pdf )

I'm a computational chemistry Ph.D. student at SUNY Buffalo and a
developer for Avogadro, so naturally I've applied for the chemistry
visualization idea. I've been discussing the project with Marcus and
feel quite confident that this will be a very productive summer if my
proposal is selected.

I just wanted to pop in to introduce myself and provide the
opportunity to ask me any questions you may have. I've subscribed to
both the developers and users mailing lists to learn about the VTK
community, and look forward to (hopefully!) working on VTK this
summer!

Cheers,

Dave