[vtk-developers] vtkImageReslice performance questions/improvemnts

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Sep 24 12:06:16 EDT 2010

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:11:54 -0600, David Gobbi said:

>Ugh.  Yeah, if you really look hard you'll find tons of "Floor" and
>"Round" definitions in VTK, either as inline functions or as
>preprocessor macros.  It is so hard to reach a consensus about the
>best way to do these things.

I didn't mean to imply that we should have one rounding to rule them all...

>But I should definitely unify the code between GridWarp and
>ImageReslice.  Thanks for pointing that out.

... I mostly meant that copypasta is bad.  If this one type of rounding/
flooring is useful in two places, it seems it should be in one single
place.  We could give it a particular name so that users know it's not a
general-case rounder.  ex: vtkFunkyFloor() or whatever.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com