[vtk-developers] Removed "lib" prefix from python modules

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 09:34:39 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I've made the bold move of removing the "lib" prefix from the python
modules when they are built in unix-like environments.  So "if os.name
== 'posix':" in all the .py files that load the modules is no longer
necessary.

In order to minimize the breakage in external packages, I create
symlinks in the bin directory:
libvtkCommonPython.so -> vtkCommonPython.so

This means that ParaView will not break (I've tested it) and hopefully
other packages won't break, either.  However, I'd recommend that all
external packages switch their .py files and cmake files over to the
new prefix-less style.

  David