[vtk-developers] KdTree FindPointsWithinRadius

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 16:18:26 EDT 2010

> Well said. "Convenience" makes things more expensive over the long run.

I understand your point, and it is a good one. However, this is a
completely developer-centric view. In my experience with VTK the
experience from a users viewpoint is really not considered at all.
There should be a reasonable weighting given to these two points of
view before making decisions. It is tough because on the mailing lists
(even the "users" list) you are only reaching people interested enough
to join the mailing list. The other users (usually 5-10x the amount on
the mailing list, and probably 1000x the size of users who actually
speak on the list) are the ones we are really supplying code for) have
no voice. I am surrounded all day by people who struggle with these
awkward interfaces so it is likely I am siding too much with them, but
just keep this in mind.

David