[vtk-developers] WrapVTK - export class interfaces as XML

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 11:15:05 EDT 2010

On a note that is related to the wrappers, I've been keeping the VTK
wrapper-parser in sync with my WrapVTK project.
http://github.com/dgobbi/WrapVTK

WrapVTK is a cmake-driven package that generates XML descriptions of
all the VTK classes.  One of the more interesting things that it does
is extract "properties" from the class interface, i.e. for every
set/get/add/remove/on/off method it determines the name of the
"property" from the method name and then groups the methods
accordingly.  The properties are listed in the XML files (and
available through C data structures).  I'm developing WrapVTK for use
in a Simulink-based visual programming interface for VTK that some
students have been working on.

  David