[vtk-developers] DASH1 and DASH11 dashboards

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 08:40:42 EDT 2010

Hi Dave,

I tried your suggestion of using the executable target name in
ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND instead of using the full path to the executable.
It worked nicely, so I added the following code to CMakeLists.txt to
get DASH1 and DASH11 running again:

    # The LOCATION doesn't seem to work on Visual Studio 7
    IF(CMAKE_GENERATOR MATCHES "Visual Studio 7.*")
      SET(VTK_WRAP_TCL_EXE      vtkWrapTcl)
      SET(VTK_WRAP_TCL_INIT_EXE vtkWrapTclInit)
    ELSE(CMAKE_GENERATOR MATCHES "Visual Studio 7.*")
      GET_TARGET_PROPERTY(VTK_WRAP_TCL_EXE      vtkWrapTcl     LOCATION)
      GET_TARGET_PROPERTY(VTK_WRAP_TCL_INIT_EXE vtkWrapTclInit LOCATION)
    ENDIF(CMAKE_GENERATOR MATCHES "Visual Studio 7.*")

This works as a quick fix.  The proper fix would be to use just
"vtkWrapTcl" when vtkWrapTcl.cmake is called from VTK, but to use the
full path when vtkWrapTcl.cmake is called from external packages.
This "proper fix" would be easy except for this nasty piece of code in
CMakeLists.txt:

  # Save these in cache as other projects including VTK (such as ParaView) may
  # want to use these.
  SET(VTK_WRAP_PYTHON_EXE
    "${VTK_WRAP_PYTHON_EXE}"
    CACHE INTERNAL "Location of program to do Python wrapping")
  SET(VTK_WRAP_PYTHON_INIT_EXE
    "${VTK_WRAP_PYTHON_INIT_EXE}"
    CACHE INTERNAL "Location of program to do Python wrapping")

Hopefully this is legacy code.

   David