[vtk-developers] ANN: Deprecation/removal of Qt-based charts in VTK

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Oct 12 17:18:00 EDT 2010

Hi,

The Qt charts are being deprecated and removed from VTK. They are no longer
being used in ParaView, and have been replaced by the new OpenGL based charts
in VTK. The Qt charts have not been actively developed in quite some time now,
but could be used outside of VTK if they are used in your applications. The
next release will not have the Qt charts.

The existing QVTKWidget etc will all continue to be used and supported, this
just affects the Qt based charts/views. I intend to remove the code from VTK's
master branch in Git on or after October 26 - please let me know before then
if you have any specific concerns.

Thanks,

Marcus
--