[vtk-developers] Added __WRAP__ preprocessor macro to replace BTX

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Oct 12 12:39:56 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:26 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

> > #if !defined(__WRAP__)
> > // code exclusion section
> > #endif
>
> This is great. The ETX/BTX was always unintuitive to me (I actually
> still don't know what they stand for). Actually using the word "wrap"
> makes much more sense.

I do not know for certain, but my educated guess on the BTX / ETX
abbreviations is:
"begin Tcl exclude" and "end Tcl exclude"

sincce Tcl was the original wrapper language.

(This is the way my brain has always resolved these things anyhow... It will
be nice to say goodbye to those pesky little comments.)