[vtk-developers] Changes to vtkRenderViewBase && derived classes - interactors and render windows

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Sat Oct 9 09:25:04 EDT 2010

Yes, vtkRenderViewBase has never been in a release, and we made the choice to move that API back to vtkRenderView. This is what I was talking about with the interaction mode logic moving to the derived classes. What was there was not very general (rubber band 2D/3D only covers a small set of possible interactors).

I wonder if a general vtkRenderView3D (or similar) might be appropriate, with the appropriate interaction modes in the API. This example could include and set the style that is intended.

Marcus