[vtk-developers] [Paraview-developers] Moving vtkMemberFunctionCommand to VTK

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 19:35:44 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:24 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 5:12 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Well done Utkarsh!
>>
>> The only issue is that there are hundreds of warnings like this when
>> building VTK:
>
> Those are just because "obj" is used as a local variable in the
> operator() method, if the variable is renamed the warnings will
> disappear.
>
>  David

Utkarsh,

I tried to use this to set a function of a Qt form as the observer but
it complains that:

Common/vtkObject.h:252: error: cannot convert ‘Form*’ to ‘vtkObject*’
in argument passing

which I'm assuming means the class is not derived from vtkObject
(which is true). Is this is required condition for this to work?

David D.