[vtk-developers] vtkImageMandelbrotSource scalar type

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 11:18:24 EDT 2010

The documentation
(http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageMandelbrotSource.html#_details)
says:
"vtkImageMandelbrotSource creates an unsigned char image of the
Mandelbrot set. "

However, in the RequestInformation function, I see

  vtkDataObject::SetPointDataActiveScalarInfo(outInfo, VTK_FLOAT, 1);

and if I do

  vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageMandelbrotSource> source =
    vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageMandelbrotSource>::New();
  source->Update();
  std::cout << source->GetOutput()->GetScalarTypeAsString() << std::endl;

It outputs "float".

Is the intent for this to be an unsigned char image? Or should I just
change the documentation to
"vtkImageMandelbrotSource creates a float image of the Mandelbrot set. "
?

Thanks,

David