[vtk-developers] [BUG]: vtkContourFilter generates 0 area triangles

Nasztanovics Ferenc naszta at naszta.hu
Fri Oct 1 09:13:54 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I have a 3D volume in vtkImageData format (spacing [1.0,1.0,1.0]). I used vtkContourFilter to generate its surface. On 3D view everything seems to be okay. When I started to calculate the area of the triangles, I had many practically 0 areas (2.356e-013). I looked around and the generated points in vtkPolyData were not on the expected place. The error on points is approximately 3e-3 (e.g.: on many cases 312 is 312.00325). Because of these errors, lookup classes cannot find the target points to merge (I tried vtkMergePoints and Octree based class too) and I get many stupid 0 area triangles.

Best regards,

Naszta