[vtk-developers] Proposed information key UNRESTRICTED_UPDATE_EXTENT

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 15:56:40 EST 2010

I only plan to use UNRESTRICTED_UPDATE_EXTENT for vtkImageStencilData
sources, for which I know it is safe, but yes, I was also considering
that it could be used by vtkImageData sources somewhere down the road.

Fortunately, the separation of RequestInformation and RequestData
really helps the image algorithms to not make assumptions.
RequestInformation deals with WholeExtent, RequestData deals
with the Extent.  I will look through the existing filters to see if any
RequestData/Execute methods use WholeExtent for anything... those
are the filters that might break.

  David