[vtk-developers] error compiling against vtk-5.7

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Tue Nov 16 17:11:23 EST 2010

I'm running into the following error while doing a static compile of
latest cvs KWWidgets against latest git vtk-5.7 with MSVS 2005 Express
on Win Vista, CMake 2.8.2:

Scanning dependencies of target KWWidgets
[ 27%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/KWWidgets.dir/vtkKWApplicationTcl.cxx.obj
vtkKWApplicationTcl.cxx
D:\Developer\Releases\VS\STATIC\Install\include\vtk-5.7\vtkTcl.h(26) : fatal
err
or C1083: Cannot open include file: 'tcl.h': No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MID05A~1\VC\bin\cl.exe' : return
code '0
x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\n
make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\n
make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

the paths to the static tcl/tk build are properly set in the CMakeCache.txt
file for both
KWWidgets and VTK

I'm not sure if this is a CMake, a VTK, or a KWWidgts issue (apologies for
cross-posting).
Until CTK matures more, I'm staying with KWWidgets for GUI coding.
I'm hoping support for this toolkit still exists!

Dean