[vtk-developers] Charts API: Color by LUT

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Sat Nov 13 15:52:21 EST 2010

Hi Eric,

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu> wrote:
> Hey Marcus,
> Okay, so I tried my first push to Gerrit so you can look at my proposed
> changes. It's a pretty basic implementation to just cover my needs. I
> squashed down the implementation changes into one commit, but left the test
> additions as a separate commit. You'll have to let me know if this was the
> right thing to do...
> http://review.source.kitware.com/342
> http://review.source.kitware.com/343

I may have separated them out a little, but the content of the commits
was easy enough to review - it looks good as far as I can see. We are
working on improvements for topic branches, at which stage squashing
things down or not would have minimal impact.

> I still haven't read the section in ITK/Gerrit/Primer about code review and
> making changes to submitted patches, so if we get to that point I may need
> some guidance.

This is where squashing isn't fun! I don't think we need any changes
though - what you put up looks reasonable to me.

> I realize that this stuff may get superseded by what you're working on in
> similar directions, but I thought it would be worthwhile to put my ideas out
> there and see where we end up.

I agree, and I will get what you have merged. There may be a little
movement back and forth while we work out the API, but I like what you
did and it looks like a great improvement to me. I should be able to
get it in by Monday.

Thanks for submitting this, and for your patience.

Marcus