[vtk-developers] New VTK wrapping tools and a function pointer typedef question...

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Nov 11 13:48:58 EST 2010

Hey David Gobbi!

Help!

This commit that I just pushed to VTK 'master' is getting build errors
on the continuous dashboard.

http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=commitdiff;h=a86ee191000177c52c01b41cda36121c7f478920

Is there something I should change in the wrapper generators to handle
this new line of code inside of C++ classes??
  // Signature definition for programmable method callbacks. Methods passed to
  // SetExecuteMethod or SetExecuteMethodArgDelete must conform to this
  // signature.
  typedef void (VTK_CB_CC *ProgrammableMethodCallbackType)(void *arg);

Or should I resort to BTX/ETX here?

It's ironic that this breaks the existing VTK wrappers.... The purpose
of my commit was to make wrapping these programmable method types
automatic as C# delegates in our ActiViz .NET code base..... :-)

I'm building now with python wrapping turned on locally, so I should
be able to verify the fix before I push it.

Thanks for any suggestions,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.