[vtk-developers] Python Wrapping errors

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Nov 3 14:20:38 EDT 2010

Hey Marcus,

I'm switching this thread from Titan over to the VTK mailing list since that's where I'm having problems with this Python wrapping issue.

Now that some system includes have been stripped out of the VTK_INCLUDE_DIRS variable, could you add the PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS variable to the VTKConfig.cmake file so the VTK-configured value can be used in external projects?

Thanks,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group

On Nov 2, 2010, at 2:36 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:

> Modifying the CMakeLists to add PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS to the
> include_directories for the project. It would be ensuring
> FindPythonLibs had been called, and then calling
>
> include_directories(${PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS})
>
> in the appropriate spot.
>
> Marcus
>
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Davis, Warren Leon <wldavis at sandia.gov> wrote:
>> Hmm, I’m a tad confused. If you’re talking about the directories in my
>> CMakeCache, they seem to be pointing to the right places in both Titan and
>> vtkSNL
>>
>> PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Headers
>> PYTHON_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libpython2.6.dylib
>>
>> Or are you talking about modifying the CMakeList.txt..?
>>
>> On 11/2/10 11:10 AM, "Marcus D. Hanwell" <marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Davis, Warren Leon <wldavis at sandia.gov>
>> wrote:
>>> Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?
>>>
>>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=766199
>>>
>>> I don’t have these build errors on MacOSX 10.6.4... Not in the Titan repo
>>> at
>>> least. I get them when I try to compile vtkSNL with Python Wrapping turned
>>> on. I thought it was specific to that repo until I saw them on the