[vtk-developers] SetInput fails?

Tim Peeters thjmpeeters at gmail.com
Fri May 28 14:59:32 EDT 2010

Sorry I partially gave you the wrong code. It should be this:

vtkTensorToEigensystemFilter* eigen = vtkTensorToEigensystemFilter::New();
// dti is a valid vtkImageData object
eigen->SetInput(dti);
vtkImageData* eigenIn = eigen->GetInput();
// eigenIn == NULL

eigen->Update() fails because the filter does not have an input connection :s.
It really puzzles me because I call SetInput(..) with a valid dataset,
and this function calls the SetInputConnection() function of the
filter. But after that I get lost in pipelines and Executives and have
not been able to find out what goes wrong.

Tim.