[vtk-developers] vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow thoughts

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Tue May 25 13:27:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

Does anyone see any issues with having a class vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow in
VTK which would allow one to render a VTK scene into a drawable & context of
their own?

The reason I'm looking at this is because there is a great deal of OpenGL
functionality in Qt that can easily be used with this approach.  The code in
interest is not in a public api and is accessible only through using Qt's
classes that manage drawables and contexts.

I wonder if it'll be an issue as I'm seeing code in vtkCameraPass::Render that
checks if its drawing to a framebuffer object, when it couldn't know if it is
drawing to a framebuffer object created on the Qt side.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Clint