[vtk-developers] qtimageviewer example crashes with vtk 5.6.0

Thorben Kröger thorben.kroeger at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed May 5 14:41:48 EDT 2010

(I sent this to vtk-users but as this is a crash report, I realized it is on-
topic on this list, so here goes...)

Hello,
Today I tried migrating to vtk 5.6.0.
However, my application using QVTK now crashes. I looked at the distributed Qt
examples and qtimageviewer exhibits what seems to be the same crash:

GNU gdb (Gentoo 7.1 p1) 7.1
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu".
<http://bugs.gentoo.org/>...
Reading symbols from
/home/thorben/tmp/VTK/Examples/GUI/Qt/ImageViewer/qtimageviewer...(no
debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) r
Starting program:
/home/thorben/tmp/VTK/Examples/GUI/Qt/ImageViewer/qtimageviewer
warning: no loadable sections found in added symbol-file
/usr/lib64/debug/lib64/ld-2.11.1.so.debug

0x00007ffff71e3c8b in QPaintEngine::drawPolygon(QPoint const*, int,
QPaintEngine::PolygonDrawMode) () from /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
(gdb)

The backtrace yields some 2000 call to drawPolygon() ...

What's also intersesting is that the program cannot use the opengl
graphicssystem:

(gdb) r
Starting program:
/home/thorben/tmp/VTK/Examples/GUI/Qt/ImageViewer/qtimageviewer -
graphicssystem opengl
warning: no loadable sections found in added symbol-file
/usr/lib64/debug/lib64/ld-2.11.1.so.debug
using visual class 4, id 9f
QGLFramebufferObject: Framebuffer incomplete attachment.
QGLFramebufferObject: Framebuffer incomplete attachment.
Failed to create pixmap texture buffer of size  QSize(32, 192) , falling back
to raster paint engine
QGLFramebufferObject: Framebuffer incomplete attachment.
QGLFramebufferObject: Framebuffer incomplete attachment.
Failed to create pixmap texture buffer of size  QSize(128, 192) , falling back
to raster paint engine

0x00007ffff71e3c8b in QPaintEngine::drawPolygon(QPoint const*, int,
QPaintEngine::PolygonDrawMode) () from /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
(gdb)

Has anyone come across this problem?

Thorben