[vtk-developers] ParaView 3.8 Branch Comming Soon

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Mar 25 09:26:11 EDT 2010

>If there are any fixes/patches that need to be made before we create the 3.8 branch (on Friday March 26) please email them to the list.

>From pv-dev list, but this class is vtk only.

I have added a new Intersect with line member to vtkModifiedBSPTree, and created a test for it. The new function returns all intersections along a line (instead of the first only), results are sorted along ray. The test generates a random scene of spheres and intersects a ray with them, highlighting all intersected cells. IMHO the new test is valuable, so we should commit this as there are no BSP tree tests currently out there (it's a new class since last release I think - can't recall when I first committed it)

I'd like to check in changes to vtkModifiedBSPTree.h, +.cxx, graphics/testing/cxx/TestBSPTree.cxx and baseline/graphics/TestBSPTree.png

a tadge large for list, so please contact  me with details if all is acceptable.

JB