[vtk-developers] vtkNew compile error

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Mar 22 09:19:11 EDT 2010

Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> That sounds good, it seems to me that we should ensure that this is
> added to VTK before we branch. Brad, do you want to do the honors? I
> would love to be able to use this freely in tests and classes.

I committed the changes with one fix Bill L. needed when he first
started using it.  The only change to an existing header was to
forward-declare the vtkNew<> template and add some method overloads
that use it in vtkSmartPointer<>.  Therefore code that does not
write "#include <vtkNew.h>" should not be affected.

-Brad

STYLE: Remove member-template check
/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Common/vtkSmartPointer.h,v  <--  Common/vtkSmartPointer.h

ENH: Add vtkNew<> to create objects locally
/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Common/CMakeLists.txt,v  <--  Common/CMakeLists.txt
/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Common/vtkNew.h,v  <--  Common/vtkNew.h
initial revision: 1.1
/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Common/vtkSmartPointer.h,v  <--  Common/vtkSmartPointer.h
/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Common/Testing/Cxx/TestSmartPointer.cxx,v  <--  Common/Testing/Cxx/TestSmartPointer.cxx