[vtk-developers] vtkVoxelModeller converted from BIT to INT

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 10:35:52 EDT 2010

I didn't say phased out, I said not well supported. Here isw what I
said last fall:

"I think this is a bug in the writer. The scalar data type is VTK_BIT.
I'm, guessing the writer can't handle this type.

I changed the scalar type to short in my local copy of vtk and the
program ran without warnings. However, I still could not read the file
in paraview. But I changed the writer to a vtkDataSetWriter and it ran
without warning. In this case, when the type was short, I was able to
see the voxels. As VTK_BIT I could not.

VTK_BIT is not a well-supported type."