[vtk-developers] How to contribute a change to vtkMetaImageReader ?

José Felipe Vargas Casadiego vargascasadiego at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 04:22:56 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'll try to be clearer, but I'm under the impression that what I did is
exactly what you fear.

I don't use the MetaIO/Utilities "Read" method but rather an untouched copy
of the read methods contained in vtkImageReader, which allow to take a
volume of interest out of a big file without having to load it up into
memory. So in a way yes, I bypassed the Utilities/MetaIO library's read
methods...

I'm sending as an attachement the code (name's been changed), maybe you'd
like to take a look. In any case I'm under the impression that in order to
be able to propose this sort of modification to vtk, I'd have to modify the
Utilities/MetaIO library. Would that be the case ?

Thanks.

--
The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling
expedients, of delays, is coming to its close. In its place we are entering